For the past few weeks, I have talked about what it takes to have a Conscious REALationship™?
We discussed putting the REAL back into REALationship & 25 Ways To Improve Your REALationship.
Today is about getting really clear about what kind of mate you want to attract into your life. A REALationship!
If you aren't in THE love relationship that you want and deserve right now, I suggest doing the "My Future Partner Exercise" below to attract that person into your life.
My Future Partner Exercise
Write a list of qualities and values that you want in a partner.
Do these qualities & values include integrity, dependability, compassion, honesty, communication, returning phone calls, showing up on time, and commitment? Or, do they include a certain amount of money, a nice car, buying you flowers and diamonds, going out for nice and romantic dinners, external looks and nice clothes. Or, do you want a mixture of them all?
Don't judge the values and qualities that you want in your mate! It is important that you are being honest with yourself in naming what is important to you.
It is also important to remember that a person is not who they say they are or who they want to be. A person is who they are showing up as. If a person tells you that they are loyal, honest and that they love you - watch their actions. Actions speak much louder than the words.
When making your list for your future partner, be specific. Realize that you might not attract the person to the exact tee, but at least you are being clear with yourself on who you would like to attract into you life. What is important to you?
1. Values. Are they the same or different than yours?
2. Physical Appearance. What should this person look like? Height, hair color, clothes, etc.
3. Material. What possessions are important for the other person to have? What about career and financial?
4. Interests, hobbies, athletics, creativity.
5. Spiritual beliefs.
6. Intellect and education.
7. Their life goals and future. Include the number of children, child rearing beliefs, where you want to live, and goals for retirement.
8. Emotional maturity and consciousness.
9. Your deal breakers. What are absolutes that you will not accept in a person?
Disclaimer: You cannot have your cake and eat it too. You have to give up a little to get a lot. You have to loose a few battles to win the war. It's true! In the things that are important to you in a mate, realize that we are all imperfect. But DO NOT settle for less than you deserve!