Remember the day when dinner and a movie was a cheap date night? Hmmm. Neither do I. That’s why I came up with 20 fabulous cheap dates ideas that you can do on any tight budget.
Even though people might have lighter wallets today, this should not be an excuse to skip the date nights. Those special nights are what keep your romance alive.
Check out these budget friendly date ideas. Don’t forget to give yourselves VIP treatment without the price tag.
- Halloween is right around the corner. Get spooked out at a haunted house or hayride. You can even start off the night by watching a scary movie before you go.
- Craving a fancy restaurant, but can’t afford it? For a break on your dinner bill, sigh up for Blackboard Eats, Groupon, or Restarurant.com - just to name a few. They send coupons right into your inbox for all sorts of special deals. Check your local listings.
- Depending on where you live and what the whether is, go to an indoor or outdoor ice-skating rink. It’s the perfect excuse to hold hands. Grab some hot chocolate afterwards, while cozying up to each other.
- Skip the trendy & pricey bar and grab a few beers at your local dive bar. Hey, don’t snicker; I met my husband at a local pub.
- Stay in for a night of papering. Run a candle lit bubble bath and then treat each other to full-body massages.
- Make a list of your favorite charities. Then pick one that you both love and believe in and do some volunteer work together. It’s a great way to bond while doing something worthwhile.
- Go Bowling. Between pitchers of beer for less than 10 dollars and cheap rental shoes, it’s a perfect date & a whole lotta fun.
- Go on a local hike. Put together a picnic basket, grab your camera, pack your hiking sneakers and take a romantic hike with the one that you love. Hello…another excuse for handholding.
- Pottery Painting. Go to a place like Color Me Mine. Choose your ceramic, sketch your design, paint it however you like and not only will the two of you have some laughs, you’ll have a souvenir to remember.
- Spend the day picking fruit at a local farm. Once you’ve picked all the apples you can carry, go back home and make grandma’s scrumptious pie recipe.
- For the couple that sings, go on the town for some Karaoke. You can even do a Sonny and Cher Duet of, “I got you, babe.”
- How about a Sunset for Two? Why? Because we all like sunsets.
- For those of you who like to swing, try a few rounds of miniature golf.
- Take a tour at a local winery, while taking some sips of wine for FREE on them. You can even make a list of wines you would like to have at your next party.
- Do a movie theme night. If you are in the mood for French, rent “French Kiss” and grab a baguette with some Brie Cheese.
- Are you addicted to Dancing with the Stars? Take a couples dance class and learn to Tango together. Even though you might step on each other’s toes, you’ll be grooving together.
- Ask each other what your dream cars are. Then, head over to that local car dealership for a test drive.
- Take a class together. Sign up and learn something neither one of you knows how to do. Community classes & centers offer lots of options from earning a new language to cooking to karate.
- Go camping overnight. There’s no TV to interrupt your conversation and the night is long. Don’t forget to roast some marshmallows and retire early to your sleeping bags.
- Wonder what your future holds? Go see a local fortuneteller. You don’t really need a crystal ball to see if the two of you are meant to be. But you can giggle on how right or wrong they read your romance.